Fall 2016 Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist (Student Assistant IV)
The Development Impact Lab connects scientists and engineers with economists and social scientists to effectively scale technology innovations from lab-to-community. DIL believes that universities have both the ability and the obligation to help solve global challenges. Funded by USAID, DIL is a managed by UC Berkeley’s Blum Center for Developing Economies and Center for Effective Global Action.
DIL seeks an exceptional candidate for a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist (Student Assistant IV) to support Development Impact Lab’s semi-annual reporting. This position will not include devising a new M&E “Performance Management Plan” but will involve M&E data processing and cleaning, including streamlining data collection and reporting processes under DIL’s existing M&E plan. This is a seasonal, short term position with an expected workload of 10-20 hours per week for 6-8 weeks beginning in mid-September 2016. Contingent on performance, there may be opportunity for continued support in the Spring semester.
Responsibilities / Deliverables:
- Ensure effective reporting, data collection, to support semi-annually reporting on pre-determined objectives, goals and indicators.
- Ensure M&E quality and standards adhere to guidelines and standard good practices. Recommend adjustment of policies and strategies where required.
- Assist with M&E planning, data collection, data cleaning, evaluation and report writing as directed by DIL leadership.
- Assist in the development of streamlined data collection methods, in coordination with DIL staff.
- Assist in development and population of M&E reports and form submissions.
- Assist with M&E capacity development within DIL, including conducting training on newly initiated data collection systems as needed. Advise on capacity improvements as needed.
- Identify strategies for visualizing and sharing finalized M&E data.
- Participate in monthly M&E Specialist calls as needed.
- Experience in international development including successful report and document writing, process planning, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Well-organized, with strong administrative skills, a desire for accuracy and an extraordinary attention to detail.
- Self-directed with proven capacity to manage work independently while being responsive to time-sensitive deadlines.
- Working understanding of the complexities of obtaining data from a variety of stakeholders including international partners and as it relates to academia (faculty, graduate students, etc.).
- Strong competency in MS Excel and Google Applications.
- Strong editing and analytical skills.
- Fluency in English, written and oral.
- Experience with donor-funded M&E projects including experience with USAID or another large bilateral or multilateral organization.
- Demonstrated experience working with M&E online reporting platforms such as DevResults.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.